Skip to main content

Mother's Day

On Thursday I did a shift at the Idaho Falls temple as an usher. Our stake was in charge that day. We had a little training session in the stake center and then walked over to the temple. I ended up being assigned to stand in the sealing room and it was awesome. A great spirit there. As I stood there watching hundreds of people walk through I really felt that God wants all of his children to have access to the temple and its blessings. Made me grateful for temple work and sealing power and missionary work. All of it. And that people who may not "look" very religious can feel and connect with God and his house. 


On Friday I took my mom to get a pedicure for Mother's Day. We had a good time visiting and hanging out. She's an awesome person. 

On Saturday night we went to dinner with our friends, the Rowe's, and then took Caleb and Chloe bowling at Skyline Lanes.


Monday, Caleb officially entered teenagerhood by getting braces. For some reason, it makes him seem older. What a sweet kid. (His dreams also came true when we bought him a fidget spinner. Sorry junior high teachers.)


Monday was my last day playing the piano in the Visitor's Center for the temple open house. I was playing the piano just to the left of this picture. It was a great experience all around and I'm looking forward to the dedication.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Getaway

Every year I have these dreams of taking a nice long trip with Kory and each year it sort of slips away. So this year we settled for three days in Montana and northern Idaho.


Kory is the king of cleaning the windshield. He can get every last bug-speck off of that thing. Armed with our Gatorade, dill flavor sunflower seed (don't knock it until you've tried it), and my infinite playlist we headed north. We worried as the skies seemed to get smokier and smokier the further we got into Montana but it wasn't too bad where we stopped. We took the exit for Anaconda and headed to the Old Works golf course. Kory always raves about this course because it was designed by Jack Nicklaus and has black sand in the sand traps. It seems like a weird place for a high-quality golf course, but we think the mine next to it is owned by a British company that is somehow connected with the golf courses in England. Anyway, we hopped in a cart and did 18-holes. I was the cart driver.






After that we …

Spring Break

We had the kids for Spring Break this year, but unfortunately, Kory and I had to work. So we did a sort of staycation with the kids, making it as fun as possible and promising a trip to St. George during Kory's Spring Break. We finally had some nicer weather, so we enjoyed a walk around the Green Belt.








Chloe had her 11th birthday over the break, so Kory and I took her to dinner at Texas Roadhouse where she got ribs--her favorite. We hate to see the youngest get older. Kory keeps making her promise to stay just the age she is and live with us forever. :)

Phoebe brought the kids to Rexburg one day and we ate at Pizza Pie Cafe then did some bowling at Fat Cats. After that, we surprised Isaac and brought them all the Men's Choir Concert.





We had all of the kids who could make it come over to celebrate Chloe's birthday. Did some heavy, heavy hangover, had cake, and played basketball. Everyone always enjoys it when Ryker comes over.







Family Time

This may not have been the busiest week of my life, but it was definitely right up there. On Monday, I took Morgan with me to my parents' house and I finished scanning the pictures for the movie they showed at the viewing. I then drove up to Driggs to drop them off at the mortuary. On the way back, I decided to stop by the Teton Dam site for some dissertation inspiration. We then picked Kory up from a seminary meeting and headed home. The kids got to our house and a few of us went for a walk with Ryker on the greenbelt, but while we were out, a big storm blew up and cut the walk short. I came back and chatted for a bit with my friends Jody and Ken who were leaving a car at our house while they went camping (he works in Yellowstone, she was meeting him coming up from Utah).



On Tuesday, after the kids were done with chores, we went to the space exhibit at the Museum of Idaho. That night, I went to a Browning reunion with my parents and we had a nice visit with some relatives. After …