Skip to main content

Better Late Than Never

So, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been going out with a cool guy, and since it hasn't hit the fan yet, I'm going to write about it. :)

In June, my friend BJ, who is in my PhD carpool called and said his friend Kory wanted to take me out. I said that would be fun, and we doubled with BJ and his wife Camille. We ate at Costa Vida and hiked the R mountain to watch the sunset, then had ice-cream. I was kind of caught off guard because I had so much fun and that really doesn't happen all that often to me.




It was a couple of weeks before I saw Kory again and this date was a little unusual. When he called to ask me out, his phone was cutting out and I said, "I heard dinner tomorrow night. But I didn't hear the rest of it." He said, "What I said was, would you like to go to dinner with all of my siblings and their spouses tomorrow night." I said, "What the heck." So, it was a very eventful date. I won't go into all the details, but I did meet his parents, four or five of his siblings and their spouses and three of his eight kids. We also stopped by the Idaho Falls Temple visitor's center and met my parents for a minute. When they introduced him to the sisters, they started freaking out and wanting to get their cameras, because apparently their names are Sister Cory and Sister Kunz and his name happens to be the same and they are in his stake and everyone keeps telling them about him. So, here's some pics with the sisters.




Our next date we watched a softball tournament for his work, because we were having a hard time getting our schedules to work together. That was fun because we got to chat a lot.

I took him out for his birthday on our next day. Kory loves shrimp so I took him to Chiz's and then we went on the zip line at Heise, which is a blast, if you haven't ever done it. After that some friends met at my house for ice cream and presents. (Love how attractive harnesses make me look.)



I was taking off to travel for a few weeks, so I didn't know if we'd be able to go out before I left. When he didn't call, I was kind of bummed, but then he called me at the last minute and we went golfing. Kory LOVES golfing. I said I would love to go, if I got to drive the cart. It was a perfect summer night and we had a good time chatting and golfing. Whenever we were backed up at one of the holes, I would mess around and try to putt. After that we ate at Cafe Rio and then walked around the green belt, which was really pretty and kind of romantic :). Sorry about all the smiley faces....I can't help it.


So, I was gone for three weeks and I figure he'd either blow me off or look forward to seeing me again. Luckily, he still wanted to see me when I got back and we have been spending A LOT of time together and have had a TALK and are DATING seriously. So, I'll leave it there for now. I'm a happy camper. Here's a better picture of him, not taken with my phone, with a few of his kids.





Comments

  1. :). He looks sweet and maybe worthy of you... (Anyone with 8 kids is a little crazy though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it!! Hahaha- I told you that posting about Kory would get some comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you have no idea who I am...but I promise I am not a creeper! I just noticed on Brother Kunz's timeline that he is now in a relationship...with you!!!
    I have debated seriously all day about commenting...but I couldn't ignore the feeling.
    First off....what a lucky lucky girl to get a guy that has inspired literally THOUSANDS of youth (and adults for that fact! He was a seminary teacher of mine in Vernal, UT over 14 years ago. He also remains in contact somewhat with my brother Kris Stewart. He has probably told you that Vernal is as close to heaven as you can get ;)
    He held a fireside here a few months back, and it was filled to capacity....like every single chair in the whole building being used. The special thing was that my 13 year old daughter was able to attend. Not only was there a lot of tears shed in the room because of feeling the spirit....but a lot of tears shed by me to see the man who had touched me spiritually so many years ago now influencing my daughter as well....it was awesome.
    Anyways....I wish you 2 the best!!! I hope he brings you to Vernal so you can see what all the hype is about :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te