Skip to main content

That's What Friends are For

I love summer, because everyone is on the move and I get to see people I hardly ever see. On the same day that Isaac left for his mission, my friend April and two of her kids came to town. Her son, James, is going to BYUI this fall, and she can't get off work then, so she wanted to show him around beforehand. I accompanied them to my parents house where they stayed for a few days (my parents were out of town). She loved the house and said they should totally go on airbnb.

The next day I went to Rexburg again and took them on a tour of campus--showed them all of the buildings that James has classes in. Then we ate at the Crossroads and Kristi came to join us. After my mission, Kristi and I went out East and stayed with April--saw New York, Boston, etc and then all of us went to Palmyra and participated in the Hill Cumorah Pageant, so she was happy to catch up with April too.


We went to Karianne's and then all went to see Spiderman Homecoming. It was hilarious.

A couple of days later Kristi had them over for dinner.




That Sunday was Kristi's birthday, so I went over for some cake and ice cream.

Can't remember what day, but Kory and I slipped away and had a little sushi picnic in the park. It was great. I didn't take a picture, but my great friend Annie was coming to Rexburg to help her niece pack up at the end of the semester, so we got to visit for a few hours and I loved it. Forgot to take any pics of that.

On Saturday the 22nd, Kory and I joined my parents for the St. Anthony parade. Kory isn't a huge fan of parades, but I insisted he needs to see this one because they still do lots of floats in it. He was impressed. I also got together for a few minutes with some of my besties from high school, Jenie Skoy (Poelzig) and Jeni Bills (Fogle). Nice to bump into them.

After the parade Kory and I ate at the Frostop. Then I insisted we should go on this short hike to Sheep Falls. This seems to happen every time I go there, but we got lost and took about an hour to find the trailhead, which kind of killed the joy a bit. But once we got to the falls, Kory loved it and climbed around and explored for quite awhile. 


After the hike, we vegged at my parents' house for awhile and then got together with some friends from my old Sugar City ward. Nice to visit with these great people.

On Monday, Kory had the day off for Pioneer Day, so we got together with his friend BJ and went golfing at Teton Lakes. We had Morgan, so BJ brought his daughter Eliza to hang out with her. They had fun learning to drive the cart. Morgan got some of her first golf pointers from her Grandpa.  After nine holes, I took the girls to lunch and then back to the Rowe's to play while the boys did another nine holes. The guys had a blast, even though it was 90 degrees out.




So, a great couple of weeks getting to catch up with old friends and hanging with my family. Tomorrow I'm off on a roadtrip to CA with my parents for the big Gee Family Reunion--all my cousins, etc. Kory's reunion happens to be the exact same time, so we decided I'd just go with my parents and he'll stay here with the kids. Hope we all survive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te