Skip to main content

Family Time

This may not have been the busiest week of my life, but it was definitely right up there. On Monday, I took Morgan with me to my parents' house and I finished scanning the pictures for the movie they showed at the viewing. I then drove up to Driggs to drop them off at the mortuary. On the way back, I decided to stop by the Teton Dam site for some dissertation inspiration. We then picked Kory up from a seminary meeting and headed home. The kids got to our house and a few of us went for a walk with Ryker on the greenbelt, but while we were out, a big storm blew up and cut the walk short. I came back and chatted for a bit with my friends Jody and Ken who were leaving a car at our house while they went camping (he works in Yellowstone, she was meeting him coming up from Utah).



On Tuesday, after the kids were done with chores, we went to the space exhibit at the Museum of Idaho. That night, I went to a Browning reunion with my parents and we had a nice visit with some relatives. After that, we ran through a song for the funeral, which Mom was accompanying.





Wednesday morning we loaded into a borrowed car and headed for Lagoon. It may seem weird to choose this time to go to Lagoon, but it's a family tradition to go each summer, and our missionary is leaving in ten days, so we're trying to fit things in. Since we were all together, we practiced our song for the funeral again.
 Now that all of the little kids can ride all of the rides, we mostly stayed together throughout the day. When everyone was ready for lunch, Kory and I went and got take-out from In n Out and brought it back for the kids to eat. Then the whole family went on Rattlesnake Rapids. Kory and I got the most soaked. After that, I was pretty much wiped out from the heat and this head cold that I cannot seem to shake, so I vegged in the car for a couple of hours while they rode their last rides. We got home really late and exhausted.






Thursday night Chloe had a soccer game. This is her first time trying soccer and I think she's getting the hang of it. I'm glad she's trying something new.

Friday we headed up to Driggs. Kory went with his siblings to the mortuary to help prepare his Mom for the viewing. We hung out at the house and went on some 4-wheeler rides and ate some lunch. That evening, all of us headed to the viewing.







We slipped out a little early from the viewing and went to Isaac's big concert, Patriots and Pioneers. It was a great concert. Kenzie and Madi came with their Mom and we all met up there to watch it. Afterwards, we took Isaac and the little kids to dinner at Freddy's.

On Saturday we got up early again and headed for Driggs. There was another viewing and then the funeral, which went very well. It was neat to be able to sing "In a Coming Day" as a family. Very touching. LaRell dedicated the grave and then we got some family pictures. We ate dinner back at Driggs and then hung out at the house for awhile.










Kory, Chloe, and I went to my parents' home on the way home to have dinner and hang out with Jodi and Evan's family.

Sunday we went to Josh's ward for a baby blessing, then hurried back to our ward to do our callings, and then went back to a family dinner.

A very special week, but I am so exhausted. And we have a missionary farewell next week. Crazy times.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te