Skip to main content

April 2022

 

On April 1 Kory and I went up to Island Park for the night and then we drove home through Victor and Swan Valley while listening to conference. We had a chill weekend just listening to conference. On the 5th, we went to the temple with Austin and Leah. 



 On April 7-11, I went to Utah, since I had a break between semesters. On Thursday night, my friend Kristen and I drove to Eagle Mountain and stayed at my friend Wendy’s house. Brenda brought over these fun e-bikes and we rode around The Ranches for a while. The next day, my sister Jodi and my niece Grace drove over from Vernal and met us and then we all drove down to St. George. We stayed in a super nice condo in Washington—we each had our own rooms and bathrooms. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub a couple of times a day! On the 9th, we did some biking on the Virgin River bike trail. Then Grace went to the jump park and practiced some jumps on her mountain bike. On the 10th, we watched my sister’s sacrament meeting on Youtube because my niece Abby was giving her mission farewell. She is going to the Nashville Tennessee Spanish speaking mission. We also hiked around at Pioneer Park that afternoon. On Monday we had to pack up and go home, but we all agreed it was a nice getaway and luckily, we had great weather.





I'm comparing my sister and my bedside table. We both have water, chaptstick and Vicks. We only just realized that all of my sisters and I keep Vicks on our bedside table. It cracks me up! I think we get it from our mom. 


Back at home, Kory and I babysat some grandkids and attended some grandkids soccer matches! I said good-bye to my niece Abby, who left for the MTC in Mexico.


Phoebe dressed up for Super Hero Day at Austin Kade.







Another big event that occurred in April is that Kory and I bought a home in Rigby! This was NOT expected, but everything fell into place and we decided to go with it. On April 1 I saw this cute home listed on Zillow and drove past it on my way to work. I immediately loved it! It’s out in the country in the area known as LaBelle, which is a place Kory and I have been looking at for years. We’ve always planned to downsize and move closer to Rexburg in a couple of years, because Kory will retire soon and I still have eleven years of work left and I’m tired of the commute! This house just seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I took Kory to see it that night, and he immediately liked it as well. We called a realtor right then, did a walk-through, and started doing paperwork for a loan. This was also good timing because we had just paid off our house, so we knew we could afford to make an offer on this house.

Anyway, we knew that the kids would have to sign off on this or it was a no-go. The kids were at their mom’s that weekend, so we thought we’d have to wait until Sunday evening to talk to them. Amazingly, when we got home on Saturday, Chloe was asleep in her room. When she woke up, we talked to her about it and took her to see it. She was definitely the main one who needed to be on board because she will live there for a couple of years. Everyone else will be technically out of the house this fall—Caleb will be at BYUI and Phoebe will be finishing up hair school. Morgan will still stay with us off and on, but Chloe was the one we needed to agree to it.  She really liked the room she will have—a big bonus room over the garage with its own bathroom--and she has decided to do online school anyway, so it wasn’t as important to be in Idaho Falls. Also, we timed it and it is the same drive time to her mom’s house as our current house. So, we made an offer. The house was on the market for a couple of days and had four offers. We were so happy when ours was accepted!!! So, we close on May 16 and will be moved in by the end of May. We will put our Idaho Falls house on the market in June. We are so excited for this new chapter in our lives. There are a lot of memories and dear friends in Idaho Falls that we will miss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te