Skip to main content

March 2022

 On March 4, Kory and I drove to Utah for a little weekend getaway. We stayed with Wendy and Bob. We had fun visiting with them on Friday and Saturday morning. On Saturday morning we also used their hottub with a great view of Utah Lake. Then Kory chilled downstairs while we had a little roommate reunion/ward reunion with friends from The Ranches. It ended up being such a fun visit and learning all that each person has been through in the past twenty years!

On March 11, during the day I went on a department retreat up to Island Park at Sawtelle Resort. It was freezing!! That night, Kory and I went to the Marriott here in town and had a little pool party for Andy’s birthday. 

On March 12, I went to lunch with my mom, Amy, and Kristi at Fresco’s in Rexburg. It’s always fun to visit with them. 


On the 13th, we invited whichever of the kids could make it to have cake—but we opted for pie and ice cream instead. We had a nice visit and the kids played games for a few hours. I have definitely noticed some changes in my body in the year since turning 50, so it’s for real, this over the hill stuff. On the 16th I went to the Thai restaurant in Rexburg with a bunch of my work friends. I’m so lucky to work with so many amazing women.

On March 18th, I went to Madison’s Distinguished Young Woman program to see my niece, Isabelle. I sat with Mom, Dad, Linda, Kristi, Abby, and Ellie. Isabelle did fantastic on her piano number and looked so poised and beautiful on stage. It was fun to watch her shine. On March 19, Kory and I went to this authentic Italian restaurant down by the river called Mama Fla’s. I had cheese lasagna and Kory had a mushroom something or other. It’s run by this Italian family and is quite small and intimate, so you kind of get to know each other. It’s fun.



The kids were spread out for Spring Break. They weren’t with us, so Kory and I just continued to go to work. McKenzie’s family and Phoebe when down to St. George and Austin and Leah also went down to St. George with Leah’s family. Chloe and Caleb hung out with their mom. Chloe had her 16th birthday! She’s growing up. Kory and took advantage of the Spring Break and more availability in the temple to go to a session. It felt so amazing to be in the temple and I felt like I definitely want/need to spend more time there. I went by myself to an initiatory session on Saturday, the 26th, just because I wanted to spend more time there. We started another round of the Emotional Resilience course that I have been a facilitator for on March 23rd. It’s such a powerful class and I learn so much when I attend.

On Monday the 28th, Caleb was telling us how much he liked the movie Shawshank Redemption, so we dug out my edited DVD of the movie and a bunch of us watched it for FHE, then Kory took the kids to Broulim’s to pick out a treat. On Thursday the 31st, we babysat Austin and Leah’s kids and Austin had his 30th birthday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te