Skip to main content

March 2019


March 2019
On March 2 we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings since the kids were craving wings. We loved having Madi with us. 

When the kids aren’t at our house, we like to stalk them with the iphone tracker. So one night, we saw that they were at IHOP, so we told them to send us pictures. 



Kory’s dad came up for a funeral on March 8-9. We met with Kory’s brothers and their families at Dixie’s Diner on the 8th. On the 9th we met up at the funeral in Victor and then got some barbeque in Victor. Kory and I went home through Sugar and stopped to see my parents. That night we went to the musical.


The first week of March Caleb got to perform in Newsies. It was so fun to watch him after all of the work he put into rehearsals from November to March. Caleb really comes to life on stage with great facial expression and he got to show off his back-flipping skills. Kory and I went a couple of times, as well as Grandpa Kunz, Grandpa and Grandma Gee, and lots of his Andrus relatives. We were all so proud of him.













March 13 was my 48th birthday. For lunch I went to Millhollow with my mom and sister. The kids were at their parents and I didn’t feel like putting together a big party, so Kory and I took off and went shopping. We bought me lots of clothes and it was fun. We decided to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and it happened to be Kenzie’s first night on the job as a server, so that was extra special. The next week I went to lunch with a few of my coworkers at the Thai place.


Phoebe had her first track meet at Highland. Caleb didn’t get to compete in the first couple of meets because he had to miss a few weeks of track practice for the musical. That night we got some Orange Leaf and Madi was just getting off work next door, so she joined us.



Kory took the kids and Morgan to St. George for Spring Break. (I stayed here and worked!) They drove down on  Saturday the 16th  and went swimming at Grandpa’s condo and hung out at Nicole’s. On Sunday, they went to church with Nicole and then had Sunday dinner at her house. That night they met up with the Wright family and had a birthday party for Andy (age 2). On Monday, Kory went golfing with his dad and Austin, while the kids hung out at Nicole’s. The kids played in the pool for the rest of the day and that night they went out to eat at the Black Bear Diner. Tuesday they went on a hike to Gunlock Reservoir Dam and stopped in Veyo for some pie. After some more swimming they went bowling with Lori and Grandpa. They got Wingers to go and hung out at Nicole’s. They headed home on Wednesday. I hung back at home all by myself. (It was actually kind of nice.)










On the 22 and 23 I went to Time out for Women with my friends from work, Paula and Kristen. It was actually pretty inspiring, and it was fun to have my mission comp, Sister Uzelac Hall, hosting the event. I got to chat with her for a few minutes, which was fun. 


That evening Kory and I took Caleb to the greenbelt for a walk and then we took him to the church parking lot and had him drive around for awhile. It was pretty fun and only terrifying for a few seconds.

Chloe turned 13 on the 23rd. She pulled together a last minute party on Friday the 22nd. She and her friends went to a movie and then came back and had ice cream and cake. Some of the friends slept over. On her birthday she hung out with friends. 


On the 25th, Chloe asked if she could go to a concert in Salt Lake for her birthday present. So she and her friend Emily and me and Emily’s mom drove down to Salt Lake after school. We ate some In n Out on the way. We got there right as  Jazz game was starting, so parking was pretty crazy. We got the girls into the concert and then hung out at the Gateway Mall, shopping a little and talking. My friend Brenda came and met us and we visited for awhile. We headed back home and got home around 2:30 a.m. I had so much caffeine in my system I didn’t really sleep at all. I ended up staying home from work on Tuesday, since I didn’t have class. So, I told Chloe, don’t plan on that happening ever again. But it was kind of a fun roadtrip.



On March 27th Phoebe and Caleb both ran in a track meet at Bonneville. Phoebe has switched to shorter races this year, since she didn’t enjoy running the distance. Caleb did the 800 and mile. The weather has finally started to warm up. One the 28th, Caleb got his braces off and he was one happy kid. 

On the 30th Kory and I got our bikes tuned and took our first bike ride of the season. We took a walk around the green belt on the 31st and went to my parents to visit and have some pie.
Bring on April!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te