Skip to main content

Party Weekend

 We packed a lot in last weekend. Friday night I took Chloe and Ainsley to the David Archuleta concert on campus. We had seats on the third row and then I got a ticket up in the bleachers, so the girls could be in the closer seats. However, when we arrived, my friend Janel was on the front row and they had extra seats, so I sat there with her. Eventually, the girls complained that they were too short and couldn't see over the people in front of them, so we traded and let them sit on the front row. They loved it. He gave a great concert and he's got such a good voice. We got Blizzards on the way home. 


 The next morning, after Kory and I had helped clean the church, we piled into the car and headed to Utah. We listened to some Greatest Showman tunes and basically sang and ate sunflower seeds.



Our first stop was the Surf-n-Swim in Layton, which is an indoor wave pool. We had so much fun playing in the waves for a couple of hours.

After eating at In n' Out, we checked into our hotel in Farmington and the kids wanted to go swim some more, so they swam for another hour or so.

After that, we visited my brother David's family in Layton and joined them for some cake and ice cream to celebrate Quinton's birthday. I forgot to take pictures! When we got back to the hotel, the girls wanted to go shopping. Kory went with the girls and I stayed with Caleb, who was complaining of an earache. After dosing him up with all the drugs we had handy, he tried a warm washcloth on his hear and was ingenious enough to tie it in place with his tie so he wouldn't have to hold it there. Kory also gave him a blessing and by morning he was feeling better. Later, Kory got some takeout from Zupas and we ate in our room.


 The kids had fun in their adjoining room watching the Disney channel and messing around.

Sunday morning we got ready, checked out, and went to sacrament meeting with David's family. I got to sit by Josh, Bronson, and Quinton and they kept me pretty entertained throughout the meeting. On the way home, we all pretty much conked out.

 That night was New Beginnings for Chloe, who will be in Young Women next month. They each got a white rose, and we had some delicious pie for treats. I had to include all of my pictures because you can see Kory trying to finish his pie. First one, mouth full, second, cleaning teeth, third, all smiles.




The kids loved getting away and they asked if we could do it every three months. Caleb said next time we need to stay for a week. On the way home we were talking about Johnny Lingo and realized they had never seen that show, so we watched it for Home Evening on Monday. (see below)



Comments

  1. That looks like a fun excursion! What did you do to your blog? I like how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just used one of Bloggers layouts. I think it's called Notable.

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing you! I'm intrigued about what my boys were doing during sacrament meeting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly it was Quinton just telling me stuff. And Josh was drawing a nice dragon most of the time. Quinton pretty much ran the show.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te