Skip to main content

Sky Diving and Etc

So,  before I joined the family, Kory started a GREAT tradition in which he offers to take any of his kids skydiving when they turn 18 (was there a little sarcasm there....yes). So, Madison decided she wanted to give it a whirl before she left for her mission and Lakyn decided she would do it too. So, Saturday we piled in the car and headed off to Skydive Ogden. We had a nice chat on the way down and then arrived at the place right by the Ogden Airport. We were really impressed with this place....they really knew what they were doing. 
 
 
 

Now, although I have traveled a lot and have a lot of things on my bucket list, I have never ever had a desire to jump out of an airplane. Just....no. So, I stayed on the ground and watched them float towards the earth. It just so happened that my friend Karen's husband Faris, from Turkey, was one of the tandem jumpers, so I said hi to him and then Karen came over with her kids so we could catch up a little bit. That was a fun perk to the adventure.
 
Since we were already in Ogden, I decided to stay over night and go to David and Kelley's son's baby blessing. Kory had to get back for church with the other kids, so after crashing one of the Smith's backyard barebeque with me, they took off. I hung out with Dave and Kelley that night and Mom and Dad came over to visit too.
 
The next day was fun. I had a good time playing hide and seek with the boys. At one point, Bronson, couldn't find me, so they took him in the room I was hiding in and said, "She's in here." He looked around and said, "No her is not." Love when kids are learning to talk. SO cute.  The blessing was great and it was awesome to hear Kelley bear her testimony. My favorite line was, "David is the greatest man on earth and I'm sorry all of you can't be married to him." Ha ha.  She's such a great woman and we're so glad she's in the family. Of course there was an incredible spread of food to eat after and then I rode home with mom and dad.
 
That was my first night away from Kory and we were very happy to be reunited. So, there is my exciting weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te