Skip to main content

It's Official

Well, Kory officially asked me to marry him last night. All of my friends and family have been joking about it, since I've basically got the wedding planned, but it doesn't feel official until you have the ring.

I was trying to remember when we actually started talking about getting married. I think it was on September 14. We were just finishing dinner with his brother Josh and his wife and we got in the car and started talking. Then Kory said, "Let's face it, this is looking pretty good." And I agreed. And then we started talking about dates. Kory initially suggested August. August!!! Can you believe this man? I suggested April. Well, it only took him a few days to decide that April would be better. In fact, we always joke now, "Who was the idiot who ever suggested August!?"

So, we figured out that Chloe would be baptized on the date that we had initially planned in April, so we started talking about moving it up. So our new date is February 15, as long as we get all the paperwork from Salt Lake for the temple.

So, we picked out the ring a couple of weeks ago. And last week, when we went to the golf course, I was thinking he'd give it to me. But early on that evening he said, "Did you think you were getting the ring tonight?" Then he told me that I wasn't. Well, we all know that waiting is not my strong point.....so he's been kind of stringing me along for a few days.

Anyway, last night we were going to go to the temple. So, I got to his house and he said, "Are you ready to go?" And then he said, "Wait, I want to show you something." And he took me into the living room, sat my in a chair, he sat down at the grand piano and he played me a song he wrote for me, called "More." It's kind of based around this thing he said to me a few weeks ago when he sent me flowers.





It's beautiful and I cried a little. I am not a big cryer. I'm not sure why. But it makes me feel insensitive sometimes. So I was really hoping that Kory saw that I had tears in my eyes.



Anyway, he finished the song, then got down on one knee and proposed. It was perfect. Just very personal and sweet. I guess Phoebe was begging her dad to let her hide and video tape the whole thing. ;)

So, after that we headed to the temple for a session. We made a quick stop at the Visitor's Center, where he had a dozen red roses waiting for me. (By the way, my parents are missionaries at the VC.)

Then we went to a session, came home and ate some cheese on bread. How could the night get any better? On a side note, my family calls melted cheese on bread "cheese on bread." Some people find that really weird. Terry, my brother-in-law likes to call it an "open faced grilled cheese sandwich." That doesn't seem at all efficient. Cheese on bread just says it all. Anyway, it's probably one of my favorite foods and Kory broils them to perfection.

Then he played the song for me again and we just sat on the couch and were happy. There may have been some kissing involved. I went to my parents' house last night to show them the ring. My dad said, "I hope you guys hurry and get married so I can stop worrying about you." I guess dads never stop worrying about their kid's virtue.

Comments

  1. I may have just cried enough for both of us!! You are such an amazing person and I am so happy for you!! Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even express how happy I am. Love you so much! And I love Kory too! I think I love everyone right now! I'm really gonna try to come to your wedding! I think it's BIG deal! And if I go into labor, we'll drive home - that's all. It takes more than 3 hours for me to have a baby anyway.
    By the way, I'm going to steal a bunch of pictures from you and write a post about you and Kory on my blog. I hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it's "Facebook official" now so we all know it's really real, and I'm so glad I decided to check out your blog so I could get the story!! I'm so happy for you! You deserve all the happiness in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te