Skip to main content

May 2021

 We got some nice weather at the beginning of May. We took the kids on a bike ride down to the Snake River.



On the 3rd, Kory and I got our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. We have both had COVID, so we got a little sick from it, but nothing too dramatic.

Morgan got an impressive wound while practicing skateboarding.



On May 9, we had my Mom and Dad over for dinner to celebrate Mother’s Day. We took them for a drive out on the Bone Road. I got a set of golf clubs for Mother’s Day.



On May 11, we had Aiden’s first birthday party. McKenzie arranged everything and we had a nice backyard barbeque at our house. Everyone had a great time eating, playing volleyball, and playing with the kids.










On May 12, I went to the driving range to try out my new clubs. I felt like I was getting the hang of it.

On the 14th, we watched McKenzie’s boys for a couple of hours. It was nice enough to run through the sprinkler!




Caleb went to his first Prom on May 15. He took his friend Alex and went with a fun group of kids from seminary. For the day date, they went to Squealers in Rigby and rode the rides and played the games. That evening, they got pictures at the greenbelt and then had dinner at one of the kids’ houses. The dance was fun. Apparently, Caleb really let loose and was dancing crazy and doing flips. I think both he and Alex had fun. They have had a close friendship since they were little kids.




Kory and I saw some Jaws sleep shorts at WalMart and couldn’t resist getting them for Caleb, because he loves the movie Jaws.

On May 17, Isaac turned 23! We had a little cake to celebrate and then went down to the greenbelt to skateboard. When they got back, they decided to watch an outdoor movie, so Austin used his technical genius and hooked up the projector and they put a sheet on the back of the house and got all cozy. I thought it was too cold for an outdoor movie, but everyone else enjoyed it. Isaac has been student teaching for seminary at Idaho Falls Seminary. He was officially hired as a part-time teacher and will teach at Shelley this Fall. He’s pretty excited about this opportunity. He will still be working on his degree at BYU-Idaho, but may need to take online classes to work with his teaching schedule.

On May 19, we hosted a baby shower for my sister, Kristi, at my mom’s house. Amy did cute decorations, mom did amazing food, and I just kind of helped out. It was fun to see lots of cousins and aunts and get a chance to visit. It seems like it’s been a long time since we’ve gotten together due to COVID.



On the 20th, we went to the driving range again, and this time Morgan came and tried it out. She was doing pretty well.

On the 21st, I watched Aiden for a few hours, and later that night, Kory, me, Morgan, and Alex went to watch Caleb in the play “Cocktails with Mimi.” He has taken the Drama class throughout high school and they always put on a few plays throughout the year. He did a great job.




On the 22nd, Kory decided I was ready to try golfing on an actual course, so we did the junior course at Sandcreek. It was the perfect size for me. Only six holes, with pretty short fairways. I got to see first-hand how frustrating golf is. Even though I had been hitting pretty well at the driving range, it’s entirely different when you are trying to get the ball to go to a specific place! I felt like I only had two good hits. But it was still fun, and we’ll keep doing some of these short courses until I get more confident. Later, we took Morgan to Heise and sat in the hot pool. It’s stinky, but they’ve spruced up the place, so we’ll probably go more. It’s much closer than Lava Hot Springs.




On May 24th, Kory and I got our second COVID shot. Kory was fine and went to work the next day. I felt horrible and stayed in bed all day on Tuesday. The 26th was Morgan’s 6th grade track meet. She signed up for the triathlon which includes a short run, a softball throw, and a long jump. We didn’t know when things were happening, so luckily Kory and I got there in time to see her throw the softball and say hi to her.  That evening was Caleb’s choir concert. He is in the Chamber Choir and I was impressed with how good they sounded.










The 27th was Stevie’s birthday, so we had cake and ice-cream and presents at our house. On Friday the 28th Morgan was supposed to dress up as a character from the book The Westing Game, so she dressed up as the cook. After school Kory, me, Caleb, and Morgan went to the temple to do baptisms. This was Morgan’s first time and luckily our friends the Nefs invited us to go to their scheduled time with them. Caleb baptized Morgan and Kory confirmed her. She said she liked the feeling in the temple. Afterwards, we bought them some Carl’s Junior.

On the 29th, Kory and BJ golfed 18 holes at the Rexburg Golf Course, while I drove the cart. The weather was incredible. After that we dropped off some gifts to the Andersons and went to the Sugar City Cemetery to put some flowers on the graves. We visited with my parents for awhile and then headed home. We also had some burgers at the Broulim’s in Rexburg. We went for a bike ride down to the river when we got back to Idaho Falls. It was a busy, fun day.

On Sunday, we went to church at The Gables where Kory conducted the meeting. That afternoon the weather was still so amazing, Kory and I drove up to Big Springs in Island Park and had a little picnic and walked along the nature trail by the river. We drove home on the loop from Ashton to Felt and then stopped by my parents’ house to visit.

On the 31st, we went to Victor with Isaac and Austin’s family. We visited with the Kunz relations, went to the Cedron Cemetery and then had a delicious dinner and hung out some more. Beautiful Memorial Day weekend.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te