Skip to main content

Hailstorm from Heck

Well, it's that time of year where the semester is wrapping up. As usual, that means I only have a few things left to grade and so I'm updating my blog instead. :) This is a picture of me and one of my students. It doesn't seem obvious in this picture, but we look a lot alike. In fact, one day after class, we were chatting and I said, "Do you feel like we look alike" and she said, "Yes!" I told a couple of my friends who have her in other classes and they said, "oh my goodness, yes you do look alike." So we joke around that I'm her birth mom, because she said she doesn't look like anyone else in her family. 

 Caleb had a great run at the Madison Track Meet. He was placed in the slower heat for the mile, but after the first lap, he just pulled into the lead and stayed there. At one point he was way ahead of everyone else, kind of like Isaac in the good old days. I think it shocked his coaches, so he will be running in the faster heats from now on. I talked to his cross country coach and she said, "You never know what you're going to get with Caleb." I think he liked the feeling of being out front, so maybe he'll kick it into gear more often. It was fun to see my niece Ainsley run for Madison. She was second in the mile by about half a second, so she did great!






On Saturday night we had a tornado warning, and we were right near the edge of the bad storm. Chloe was hyperventilating, but Kory, who loves weather, had all the blinds up and a chair sitting in front of the window to watch. Then, a hail storm with quarter sized hail blew through and pretty much trashed the vinyl siding of everyone in our ward. We got it on one side of our house.

The house insurance companies are being flooded with calls. 
Sunday, Andy came for a visit--with her parents, ;). 




 We've been helping Lakyn get all of the stuff out of her apartment into her house, so here's Morgan shooting a selfie.


Comments

  1. Wow! Andy has A LOT of hair!! It was so good to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te