Skip to main content

March Madness

 Here are some random pics from the last few weeks. Kory and I often like to get sushi when we are eating out. We were actually in Walmart in the check out line and I don't know if we were talking about sushi, but the lady in front of us told us that Blue Hashi was the best place for sushi. We had heard about it for a long time, so one night we headed there. Really good specialty rolls. We will definitely try that again.



We still try to visit in Sugar City every Sunday that we can, so these are just some shots of my parents and the Andersons on one of our Sunday night visits.




 One of Kory's assignments is to conduct the Institute Choir on Thursday nights at 9:00. I tag along as accompanist and we've recruited Lakyn and Mckenzie as singers. That means we also get our grandkids, Morgan and Ryker, to join in the fun. It's been great to make music with them.

Here's a little shot of Ryker when we were babysitting one day.


On Saturdays, we like to do things with the kids if we can all get in the same place at the same time. We had fun watching Thor: Ragnarok together on our bed. (That's Phoebe hiding under the covers.) Then we tried going to the Aquatic Center, but they were having a pool movie and it was packed with little kids. Then we tried to go out to dinner, but no one could agree on a place. After several meltdowns and a lot of frustration, we ended up at Red Robin at about 9:00 p.m. Nothing like that family togetherness!

Caleb has started Spring Track, so he's feeling the pain. Here's a shot of him dragging himself to the shower.

My 47th birthday has come and gone. It was one of those grown-up birthdays where you really don't have time to do anything to celebrate, so I've spread it out over the whole week. On Monday, I went to lunch with a couple of friends. On Tuesday, my actual birthday,  Joelle provided me a makeshift celebration in her office.

That night, we did a spotlight on Chloe for Activity Days, so we played some Harry Potter games and some other fun games and ate Cookies and Cream ice cream, her favorite. Later, around 9:30, we were all together at home and Chloe gave me a present. Morgan also wrote and illustrated a little book for me, featuring me and her as unicorns. My favorite panel was "Suzette and Morgan conquer the world," and we're picking up garbage with our unicorn horns. What a creative mind she has!

On Thursday, my mom and sister took me to The Hickory. It's always fun to hang out with them!


Comments

  1. Whaaaaa- I miss the Sunday visits and getting to go with you guys to your birthday lunch! It looks like you are having an eventful and busy life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday visits definitely aren't the same without you guys!!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I miss Sunday visits more than you know! And sushi....and Thor...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te