Skip to main content

Bring on 2018

The post-Christmas week was pretty mellow. The kids went to their mom's house. Kory and I rode with my parents and Kristi and Terry to Meridian to go through the temple with Caden, as he gets ready for his mission to Dallas Texas. It was fun to share that time with him and his family.


Since we were in the car eight hours or so, I downloaded the Unabomber series on Netflix and spent most of the drive watching it. It was intense. Kory can't watch TV in the car or else he gets car sick, so in the end, Kristi and I were in the back watching Netflix and Kory rode shotgun and chatted with Terry. Good times!

We took Phoebe out for an early birthday dinner to Fuji. They sang to her and everything. She will be 17 next week. Weird to think she'll be a Senior before we know it. Time flies. It was funny, we were sitting around the cooking area with about seven other people and right when we were wrapping things up, the guy next to us asked Kory if he was still teaching at BYUI. Then another person across from us was like, "I KNEW I knew you. You were my seminary teacher." Ended up that Kory knew every person at the grill in some way. It was hilarious.


Kory and I spent a mellow New Year's Eve because the kids were at their mom's and it was Sunday which kind of puts a damper on the whole party thing. Looking forward to a great new year.


On New Year's Day Kory watched a lot of football and we had Morgan and Austin and Andy join us.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

March 2023

 On March 4 I played at the stake baptism, then went and got a massage. It helped somewhat with the neuropathy in my hands. That’s the main side effect of the chemo that I’m dealing with. I’m taking medication for it as well, but I still have pretty much constant tingling in my hands and feet. On March 12, my mom made a birthday cake for me and we had a little pre-birthday celebration for my 52 nd birthday. She made lemon sour cream pound cake—my favorite. On the 13 th , Phoebe woke me up with a call from Kory. He had forgotten his laptop to teach early morning seminary, so I jumped in the car and drove it to him. He had his whole class come outside to the car and sing happy birthday to me. That was just the first of all of his classes. He facetimed me throughout the day, having each of his classes sing to me. Some of the calls were during my classes, so my students and his got to face time! It was pretty funny. To make the day a little more fun, I brought doughnuts to both of my cl