Skip to main content

End of Semester Celebration

Okay, I'm hanging out here waiting for one last student to send me an assignment so that I can turn in my last grades and be OFF UNTIL SEPTEMBER. Yes, you heard that right. I have opted to take summers off to be with the kids, which means no teaching until fall semester. Of course, I will be trying to finish my dissertation, so I won't exactly be lounging around, but I am excited for the change in pace.

So, here's some updates while I wait for that one last student. A couple of weeks ago we headed to Rexburg to spend the evening with Austin and Leah for Austin's birthday. We bowled and then had some ice-cream.



Next up, we got to combine a couple of traditions when Easter fell on General Conference day. First, we did the eggs. Second, we broke out the Toaster Strudel which has been a Kunz conference tradition for years. Just to make sure we got PLENTY of sugar. We had a great Sunday watching conference sessions and having a make-shift Easter dinner in our half-finished kitchen. It actually worked pretty slick.




Spring also means track in the Kunz family, so here's a couple of shots of Phoebe. I haven't got any of Isaac yet. Phoebe usually places in each of her events--she runs about four. Isaac has been taking first in the mile and/or two mile at most of the meets. It's super fun to watch him run.

I usually participate in graduation at the end of each semester, but I hardly ever take pictures because
a. where do I keep the camera? b. I'm so tired from grading I usually look and feel a little haggard c. those robes are SOOOO flattering. But here's a few shots of some of my colleagues. I really do feel so blessed to work and teach at BYUI. 






And finally, we had an exciting duck feeding adventure for FHE. As Chloe said, "This is fun and a little scary." Because when ducks know you are throwing food, they swarm you kind of like a horde of zombies. And the geese are way more aggressive than the ducks. So, here are some shots of the kids getting progressively more panicked as they finally took shelter on top of a picnic table. (Ummm, yes, I was up there too.)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te