Skip to main content

The Week

This page of notes from my PhD class pretty much sums up where my mind has been lately. Can't wait for this semester to be over, because I will be done with PhD classes--not my PhD. But no more homework. No more 2 1/2 hour classes on incredibly hard chairs. Sigh.

I've also been thinking about things like this:





Last weekend was fun. On Friday night, we went to dinner with friends. On Saturday, Kory came to stake conference with me. Since he's so busy with his ward, I haven't had a chance to introduce him to any of my Sugar City people. It was fun to have him there. We sat with my parents and later went to Dairy Queen, along with most of the rest of the stake. :)

On Sunday we went to the Anderson's and Kory and his kids came too. The kids were busy doing a spook alley in the basement. Here's  Sam as Quasimodo:

 
On Monday I went to work and turned around and came home immediately because I was having severe stomach pain. I think it was some form of stomach flu, but I didn't throw up. I just felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach every five minutes. That lasted for about seven hours and then I just felt achy and icky. Luckily I felt fine the next day. Kory also got a bad cold on Tuesday and has been sick all week. 

On Tuesday I went to a fireside with Kory. It was fun to meet a lot of his old students and their families. People sure do love him and want him to teach seminary again.

Friday night we just hung out at the house and watched movies with the kids. For some reason I was laughing pretty hard in Monsters vs. Aliens.

Saturday I mostly went to work, but I took a break to go see Abby and Maddie play a basketball game against each other. All of the cousins had fun playing on the sidelines. Here's Eli holding Pace:



Last night we went to see Kory's aunt who is ill, then we visited with some other friends and I met Mackenzie, his oldest daughter, and her husband for the first time. Then we took five of the kids to dinner at Red Robin. Very crowded at 7:00 on a Saturday night, just in case you were wondering.

It was so funny to meet a couple of Kory's aunts, because they did the usual "We are so happy to meet you" thing, followed by, "and if you ever do anything to hurt him, we will hunt you down." I thought it was pretty adorable and I assured them I like him just as much as they do and have no intention of hurting him. I love loyal friends. Someone came up to my aunt in the temple and asked if she was related to me. Then they said, "Tell us about Suzette. Because we really like Kory and he deserves an amazing person." Sheesh, I'm really getting raked over the coals here! Hope I pass inspection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pie Face

Chloe had her tenth birthday and she asked for the game Pie Face. Yep, you've seen it. The one where everyone takes turns getting whipped cream in the face. Here are some precious moments. Chloe also got a little fort-making kit for her birthday, so we've had these structures in the family room for a few weeks now.

April 2023

  April 2023 On April 1 and 2 we chilled and watched General Conference. On the first, we got a new cat to replace Todd. This cat’s name is Taco, she is a girl, and she’s a tortoiseshell calico. She and Binx have taken quite a while to warm up to each other, but I think we’ll get there. She is cuddly like Todd, so we all like that.  On April 4 I watched Season 3 of The Mandalorian with my dad. On the 5 th , Kory and I took Austin and Leah to the Bee’s Knees for a birthday dinner. They have really great food there and it was fun to visit.  On April 6, we had BYUI Graduation. It was fun to be there, since I’ve missed the past year due to my cancer. On the 7 th , Kory, me, and Caleb babysat for Austin and Leah. It was fun putting the kids to bed and singing with them. Stevie loves the song “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” so we sang that a bunch. On April 8, Kory and I went on a little date. We drove up to Driggs and had dinner at O’ Rourkes and then stopped and visited with my parents on t

Kory's Story

I just wanted to record this for our family history. When Kory and I were engaged, we went to Salt Lake to talk with someone at CES to see about re-applying to teach seminary. At the time, they indicated that he could re-apply, but they didn't seem positive about the likelihood of him getting re-hired. At that time, we decided not to pursue teaching again. Later that year, CES announced that there was no longer any block on people who had been divorced teaching seminary. Again, we talked with some people, but still felt that the chances of him getting hired were not good, because he would not be able to move if necessary, which is usually the case with new hires.  In Fall of 2015, Kory had a strong impression to check with the pre-service director and see what he would need to do to try teaching again. We still knew that the chances were not great, but he felt that he should pursue it. He began attending the class for pre-service seminary teachers, and was assigned to student te